Saturday, January 3, 2015

2015 Goals


This blog is just about a year old and it's time once again to pull out my pen keyboard and set my goals for the coming year. With all I accomplished last year, topping it this year may be a challenge. However, I love a good challenge.

  • Write a proposal: I'm very much interested in the evolution of libraries, specifically the bookless library. This year I want to go completely out of my comfort zone and write a proposal that focuses on bookless libraries in universities. 
  • Write a blog a week: This is the same goal I had last year. Although I didn't reach my goal in 2014, I've decided not to change it. There are only 52 weeks in the year. I know I can do this.
  • Knit a project a month: I fell in love with knitting last year. I want to keep this love alive. I have a feeling there will be more than 12 completed knits before the end of the year.
  • Go on a road trip: I love road trips. This year I hope to travel to Arizona for the first time. There is nothing I'd love more than to see the Grand Canyon.
  • Walk more: Thanks to my lovely sister, I now have a FitBit. I'm already amazed by how this little piece of technology has encouraged me to move around more throughout my day. I'm interested to see how many steps I walk this year.
  • Read 6 books in 12 months: I revised this goal from last year. I've found that I don't make much time for reading and tend to take my time. I know 6 books in 12 months is possible, even if they end up being graphic novels.
  • Volunteer: I want to continue to volunteer my time to causes I love. Although I will not be returning to INALJ.com this year, I plan on continuing to volunteer my time in other aspects of librarianship. 
  • Go to a Library Conference: Every year I attend 2 or 3 library conferences, this year my goal is to go to one I haven't been to before.  

I have a busy year ahead of me, thanks for reading and good luck on your 2015 Goals!

XOXOX Darling

No comments:

Post a Comment