Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Galentine's Day!

Photo credit: Parks and Recreation on NBC

I've been a fan of Parks & Rec (a.k.a. Parks and Recreation) for several years now and am thrilled to see it is gaining even more popularity despite this being in its final season. My favorite thing about Parks & Rec is definitely the quirkiness, passion, commitment, excitement and creativity that surrounds the character of Leslie Knope.

What's Galentine's Day?!?!?

Galentine's Day first appeared on a Parks & Rec episode of the same name (Season 2 Episode 16) where Amy Poehler's character Leslie Knope explained, "It's only the best day of the year. Every February 13th my lady friends and I leave our husbands and our boyfriends at home and we just come and kick it breakfast style. Ladies celebrate ladies. It's like Lilith Fair minus the angst... plus fritatas."

Galentine's Day didn't appear again until Season 4, Episode 14 where Leslie Knope reiterated the importance of celebrating Galentine's Day.

"February 14th, Valentine's Day, is about romance. But February 13th, Galentine's Day, is about celebrating lady friends. It's wonderful and should be a national holiday. It should be a national holiday. Dear Congress, it's Leslie again..."

In honor of Parks & Rec, Leslie Knope and of course my 'lady friends.' This year I am celebrating Galentine's Day! I can't wait to see my three best ladies and eat some waffles.

My Galentine's

No comments:

Post a Comment