Saturday, February 1, 2014

Project 1: Toe Up Socks, Two At A Time

Complete!


One down, eleven to go. My first knitting project of 2014 was not without setbacks. Along the way, I managed to break one of the two sets of circular needles I was using and really didn't think I was going to be able to finish them in the first month of the year.


Fortunately, I found a spare and was able to finish up the socks in time. Although I was successful in completing the project on time, I have to admit, they aren't exactly perfect. When I tried on the socks I realized they were a much too big. I was so worried about making sure they were big enough, it seems I over did it. So even though I had attempted to knit to my foot's measurements, they ended up being a perfect fit for my husband.

Starting point: Toes
Half way point: Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Finishing touches: Ribbing on the ankle

He calls them his "Drop Dead Fred Socks" for somewhat obvious reasons and was really happy with the way they fit.

Completed: Socks for me my husband

No comments:

Post a Comment