Saturday, March 1, 2014

Heliopath Vest KAL

I was gifted an electronic version of the Unofficial Harry Potter Knits magazine in January (thanks babe) and have been waiting for the right moment and pattern to start knitting. Following @socalmeaghan and @ghostfaceknitter on Instagram provided just the right amount of incentive to start knitting the Heliopath Vest:
Photo Arrangement by: @socalmeaghan
They both provide all the details in their respective blogs The Unapologetic Knitter and GhostFaceKnitter. Not only is there a prize are there four prizes, these lovely ladies have literally broken down the daunting process into weekly goals. I made a nifty little Google Calender to keep track:

 
The KAL (knit along) started today and even though I should have started knitting the swatch to check the gauge, I didn't exactly get the chance to put needle to yarn. I did, however, brave the rain to visit Unwind for my yarn, a new needle and a glorious scoop of buttons (plus 8 perfect for this project).

Berroco Vintage: Chana Dal (5192)

4 comments:

  1. That sounds exciting! I too have embarked on a KAL in March with Diane from the Knitabulls Podcast, the Stitch surfers socks. I cast on yesterday and this is gong to be fun!! Looking forward to see your progress, your yarn is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NICE!!!! This is only my second KAL... both have been "Harry Potter" themed. :) Shows where my knitting priorities are.

      Delete
  2. This is a fabulous post! I'm so glad you're enjoying the process of our KAL. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet Meaghan! My updates won't be weekly, but I'll definitely post my progress. :)

      Delete