Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sock problems

After completing my first pair of socks last month, I've been on a sock kick. I didn't want to keep knitting the same pattern, so I took to Ravelry for a new one. Over the last month, I've heard whisperings of a free pattern named after my favorite Hogwarts student, Hermione Granger. If you are a knitter and a fan of the Harry Potter series, it's very likely you've already found Hermione's Everyday Socks. The name alone has me convinced, then I saw the pattern and feel in love. 


This pattern is completely different from my first pair of socks. Instead of knitting toe up, these socks are knit cuff down. Instead of utilizing Fish Lips Kiss Heel, these socks use a heel flap. 


Up until this point I haven't had much trouble following the pattern. Though the heel has me completely confused. I managed to finish the heel flap and worked my way through six rows of the heel turn. Unfortunately, I can't make sense of this note: **continue in this manner until all sts have been knit - there should be 18 heel sts left on the needle at this point.**
 



My Supplies:

  • Premier Yarns
    • 2 Serenity Sock Weight in Lavender Topaz
    • 50% Superwash Merino Wool
    • 25% Bamboo
    • 25% Nylon
    • Needle Size 1-3 (2.25-3.5mm), 6.75-9 stitches / 1"
  • Circular Needles 
    • 2  Harmony FC US 1 (2.5mm) 40in

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I understand you're stuck with the short rows... the directions mean you have to continue with the short rows and decreases until you have 18 stitches left. Then you pick up your stitches. You can check out Knitting Bloom tutorial "heel flap and gusset" on YouTube. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you so much for your comment. I actually put down this project for a week before I figured out my mistake. My new blog post will explain.

      Delete